MISSION: IGNITE powered by Computers For Children
MISSION enhances educational opportunities
and enriches lives through technology.
VISION: The community’s leading technology resource
for high-need populations and those that serve them.
Date: 2/14/18 Job Title: Program Assistant
Location: MISSION: IGNITE Reports To: Managing Director
MISSION: IGNITE Powered by Computers For Children (M:I) is unique in the diversity of educational and workforce development programs we provide for the communities that we serve. We also support community-based organizations in equipment provisioning, fund-raising and technical support.
This individual directly administrates the day-to-day activities related to the M:I Program Department. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that the activities initiated for M:I programs are properly followed through from concept to communication to completion.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Coordinate multi-site enrichment programs
- Maintain communication between staff, sites, students and parents
- Manage site staffing & schedules
- Gather & report student assessment data, site statistics and multimedia
- Assess & report on each program’s progress and risks
- Write & submit required reporting by program grant deadlines
- Lead and support classroom trainers
- Develop strategy and oversee implementation of programs with Managing Director
Support other departments, as needed
- Work with marketing and communications department, collecting data stories/photos
- Assist with program events from conception to completion
- Experience in Classroom Instruction or Youth training for grades 5-12 a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field preferred, or AS with Program Administration Related Experience
- Strong background in program development and strategies
- Excellent proficiency in computer skills, specifically Word & Excel
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- General understanding of budgets and financial statements
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Ability to delegate responsibilities effectively
- Team Player, work across all departments, committed to social justice and our mission
- Must have reliable transportation and driver’s license
Office Hours: Monday – Thursday, 10am-6pm, Saturdays as needed
Position Hours: approximately 20 hours per week